ABC License Person to Person Transfer

As a small business owner, you have a lot of responsibility. You have inventory to stock, employees to motivate, customers to court, and customers to please. The last thing you need is the added headache of going through the ABC licensing process. But you must understand how to sell alcohol in your state, especially if you plan on selling it person-to-person. Luckily, we’ve done the work for you! Here are some steps to get an ABC license person-to-person transfer.

ABC License Person to Person Transfer

Am I eligible to sell alcohol?

First, you should verify you are eligible to sell alcohol in your state. This will depend on the volume of alcohol you plan to sell, whether you are a professional licensee, and the type of alcohol. Liquor licenses are usually granted to people who own restaurants, hotels, or grocery stores. These licenses can also be obtained by people who manufacture alcoholic beverages or serve as an agent for one of these establishments. If you are not in any of those categories, then there’s a good chance that you won’t be able to obtain a liquor license for your small business. Contact your state’s Alcohol Beverage Control Commission or Bureau of Liquor Licenses for more information if you are unsure.

ABC License Person to Person Transfer Process

Step 1: Research your state’s requirements

A few states allow alcohol sales at the retail level with no license, but most require a permit. A Google search or visit to your state’s Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control website should provide you with all the information you need.

Step 2: Apply and pay the necessary fees

This is usually handled by submitting a form, paying a fee, and providing copies of any pertinent documents to the appropriate authority in your state. Almost all states also require fingerprints and/or drug tests for each person listed on the application.

Step 3: Wait for approval

Once you receive confirmation from the proper authority in your state, you can start selling alcoholic beverages right away. Remember to keep updated ID records for every person who purchases alcohol from you (including yourself!)

What happens after I get my license?

Now that you’ve gotten your license, you need to register your alcohol sales business with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB). This is where you will send in all of your tax information and paperwork related to the sale of alcohol. You should also think about advertising that your business is now selling alcohol to customers.

After you have your license, you are free to sell alcohol person-to-person. Keep in mind, however, that the law varies by state. Some states allow alcohol sales over the internet or through catalogs, but others do not. You may need to buy a separate license if you plan on selling alcohol over the internet or through catalogs.

Have More Questions about ABC Licensing?

Bay Area Escrow can answer any questions you may have about ABC License Person to Person Transfer. Give us a call at (925) 831-9099!